Fun at Fforest Gather 2016
If you’re looking to get away this summer, check out the FForest Gather.
Fforest Gather places emphasis on engagement, exchange and fun. Labelled as ‘a gathering’ rather than a festival, this intimate event is set in the great outdoors for just 500 people. From DJs at night to painting and illustration in the day, its the perfect opportunity for an engaging summer holiday.
Select between one of two weeks (or go for the whols fortnight!)
Gather 2016 weeks are Monday August 15th to 22nd and Monday August 22nd to 29th
Having stayed in one of the Crog Lofts during the Easter break with our family, it has to be said that they are perfect for a family of four. They have beautifully styled interiors, with battered retro leather sofas and classic welsh blankets. The bathroom has a contemporary design with a walk in shower. Whilst the kitchen is just outside the front doors (undercover) and is perfect location for any summer evening activities. An ideal British summer getaway.
It must be said that it is a common misconception that ‘Gather’ is a festival. Here are NINE reasons Fforest Gather believe it isn’t that:
1) It is really intimate with only 500 people each year
2) Camping isn’t compulsory – There is fabulous flexible accommodation but you are also welcome to bring your own tent or camper
3) It lasts a week – It’s 7 nights. Call it a holiday.
4) Everyone is welcome.
5) Not a Beer tent in sight – just a century old crofter’s cottage converted into the sweetest pub
6) You wont be kept up late with loud music
7) There is loads to do – not just music
8) You can come and go – the beaches aren’t too far away
9) It doesn’t matter if it rains – there are canopies, buildings, shelters… the lot!
Sounds good doesn’t it? A perfect idea for a week of late summer fun with family and friends.
All the details can be found here:
Check out their instagram here.
And make sure to follow Sian, one of the GATHER founders here on instagram too…